For nonprofit clients who wish to utilize the Carrier Billing Enhancement, The Mobile Fund is charged with ensuring that all participating charities meet certain minimum requirements as set forth by the wireless community. These criteria are not requirements for Engagement Platform clients.
In order to be approved for the Carrier Billing Enhancement, each Charity shall:
- Be an IRS-approved 501(c)(3)organization
- File IRS Form 990
- Report revenues of at least $500,000.00 in the previous year (as evidenced by IRS Form 990)
- Be in good standing in its state of incorporation and have been in existence for at least 1 year
- Operate the Charity in accordance with the accepted standards for charitable accountability
- Be registered as a soliciting charity in all affected states that require registration
- Be in compliance with all applicable laws including, the Patriot Act
To start collecting donations through text, first ensure you meet The Mobile Fund guidelines. Then reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the online registration form to learn more about our offerings and get started. Please know that during the signup process you will need to provide:
- Completed Charity Application
- Copy of IRS Determination Letter
- Completed ACH Form
- Current bylaws
If your organization does not meet the above criteria – The Mobile Fund can still connect you with your supporters with text message communications. These communications can include easy to use links to other forms of mobile giving. Learn how we can help you by contacting us at email@example.com or explore our service plans and signup online.